If you have been driving around NW Reno, you will notice that there is a lot of dirt being moved. Here’s what all the dust is about:
- Mountain View Mixed Residential (aka the Poltergeist Project) will be 283 apartment units (approved), and 66 townhouses and 49 single family small-lot homes (in review). At least the Townhouse and SFRs are slated to be a DR Horton Project.
2. Village Northwest will be 48 triplex condo units from Jenuine Communities. This basic design is all over the South Meadows and is not my favorite, but seems popular with both the builders and buyers.
3. Brae Retreat aka Somersett Village 1A by Desert Wind Homes will be a pearl necklace of 62 single family homes above The Village and Town Center. It is not on the DWH website yet, but has been showing up in their print ads for the last couple weeks.
4. Summerset Reno Assisted Living and Memory Care will a two building complex with a total of 163 beds. I can’t remember how many memory care facilities have been proposed in NV Reno, but the one at Mae Ann and Grandpoint by the post office has been cancelled.
5. The Vue on 4th Street or some variation of that, 164 high end apartments from the developer of Somersett.
6. Verdi Business Park, (not to be confused with the existing Verdi Business Park) is a 100,000 SF flexspace development hiding in plain sight that deservingly managed to avoid public scrutiny and interference. Whatever you need, you can accommodate it here (maybe even live work!). I salute the developers for a great project and professional management of the public process.