- A Zoning Determination request has been filed for a MME (Medical Marijuana Establishment) Production Facility at 100 W Plumb Lane next to the Motel 6. Wow, I never thought a brownie factory would end up as the highest and best use in this retail corridor, officially Midtown.
- This joins the Zoning Determination request for a MME Dispensary downtown at 232 W 2nd Street (the old Waterfront Tower sales office). Perfect for cannabis tourism.
- Permits have been filed for a clubhouse and 16 and 18 unit apartments at the SE corner of Sharlands and Mae Ann, directly across the street from the fire station that Reno still staffs. This was once a DR Horton project similar to Esplanade with 3-plexes named Villa Something Italianish, then shit canned, sold to Junuine, who flipped it to the folks revamping the Silver Club / Bourbon Street property in Sparks. Given the 20 acre site, I think there will end up being 300 or so apartments (condo mapped) here.
- While on the NW action, permits have been filed for a 15,000 SF retail complex between the new Hampton Inn and United Federal Credit Union. The new Starbucks looks almost ready to open.
- Lifestyle Homes has a little 500 SF building with a $750K price tag. It is the well house for their new Van Dyke well.
- He Hit Me, But It Felt Like a Kiss – Join the unwashed masses and the Verdi Sleeper Cell for a presentation and workshop on how Reno Loves and Respects Verdi, but will rape it anyway because we can.
Don’t get used to 3 a week posts, but there is a lot of fun stuff out there right now.